The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics has reported that unemployment is at a record low and in the North Texas market, there are more job openings today than people looking for work. Finding and implementing solutions for the workforce talent gap is paramount for the continued economic vitality of our region.
Welcome to the Dallas County Bridging the Talent Gap Survey. On behalf of the Greater Irving-Las Colinas Chamber of Commerce, the Dallas Regional Chamber, the University of Dallas, the North Dallas Chamber of Commerce, the University of North Texas at Dallas, the Dallas County Community College District, the Richardson Chamber of Commerce, and Midwestern State University Flower Mound – we would like to thank you for participating. We are part of a national network of organizations, known as the Graduate! Network, which is devoted to seeing more adults complete a college degree or other post-secondary credential. Your responses to this survey will provide valuable feedback and will help guide community-wide strategies in Dallas County.
- The primary audience for this survey is employers located within Dallas County. Depending on your organization, it may be appropriate for you or another leader, with knowledge of your organization’s workforce needs, to take this survey.
- Identify skill shortages across sectors in Dallas County.
- Identify best practices for talent acquisition, retention, and development
- Identify opportunities for education partnerships across Dallas County.
- Survey will take 20 to 30 minutes to complete and may also be saved for later
- Survey may be completed by mobile devices, but easier on a computer
- Responses will be kept confidential
- Responses will be combined and analyzed. Findings will be shared in aggregate form by industry, and will be shared at a later date. A report will be made accessible to all participants.
HR Professionals – If you are affiliated with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) or Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI), you may be eligible for a 1-hour re-certification credit upon completion of this survey. Please contact your local SHRM or HRCI affiliate organization to see if your participation qualifies and for self-reporting instructions. Save your survey completion confirmation email as verification.
The Graduate! Network is a non-profit that works with adults to further their education. (www.Graduate-Network.org). This project is part of the Bridging the Talent Gap initiative which seeks to enhance our understanding of how employers and employees can work together toward education goals.